LAW BULLETIN NEEDS A MARKETING & EVENT ASSOCIATE
Be part of the exciting growth of our next flagship service - Lawyerport. Lawyerport is Law Bulletin's new digital research service that integrates legal and business information into a single platform targeted to the needs of attorneys and other legal and business professionals. Law Bulletin is a diversified information company with deep roots in these markets, allowing us to deliver essential news, analysis, legal solutions, events and marketing services that are uniquely tailored to our customers.
SOUNDS LIKE A COOL COMPANY AND A SLICK SERVICE? WHAT WOULD I BE DOING?
The Marketing & Event Associate will be a creative and independent self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills. Your prior marketing and sales experience will allow you to hit the ground running to assist with the development, coordination and implementation of our multi-channel campaigns. You would be part of a growing corporate marketing team that reports directly to the Group Vice President.
You would be working with designers, sales executives, business managers and other marketing professionals to help us reach our corporate goals. You'll learn about our products and services as well as our professional customers in the legal and real estate markets. Every day will be different and you will have the opportunity to grow your skills in many directions. You're excited about the prospect of working on delivering powerful email campaigns, planning live events, crafting persuasive marketing messages and tracking results to help drive sales.
SO WHAT KIND OF FOLKS ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?
- Marketing Background. You have a bachelor degree in marketing, business or a related field, and you have had 2+ years marketing experience that you enjoyed and will able to leverage in this position.
- Communicate. Great marketers are great communicators. You are a solid writer and can hold a professional conversation with anyone, which will be essential to your success communicating with our legal professional clients.
- Tech Savvy. While our roots are as a newspaper, we are now a digital information company, constantly expanding our digital content and services. You have a solid understanding of digital marketing tools and are ready to learn more.
- Curious. We want you asking questions. What are the customer's needs and how can our marketing best sync up our products with those needs? Which marketing campaign worked best? What other marketing tools and strategies could we use?
- Team Player. This position is an integral part of a collaborative team and we encourage team members to both learn from their peers and share their experiences and knowledge with the team.
- Hardworking and Eager. We need individuals who like to learn and enjoy being busy, are willing to lend a hand, and take initiative when it comes to new projects, tasks and duties.
OK YOU'VE GOT MY ATTENTION! WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME, YOU KNOW, ABOUT THE PAY AND OTHER PERKS?
- We offer Competitive Pay, 410(k) with matching and Benefits.
- Casual dress except when meeting with clients.
- You'll be joining a family of professionals with the shared vision of growing our company as a digital information provider and beyond. Mentoring and friendship are part of our culture.
- Easy Transportation. We are conveniently located near multiple "L" stations, bus stops and Metra lines. To help with those costs, we have a Pre-Tax Transit program that allows you to dedicate pre-tax dollars to public transportation expenses. While we don't encourage driving to work, we do have parking next door.
- Great location downtown in the heart of thriving River North.
AND HOW DO I APPLY?
We look forward to hearing about you. Your application should include:
Submit your cover letter and resume
- A cover letter that highlights the most important reasons you'd be great for this gig, focusing on how your experience has prepared you for this type of position. We're interested in learning what you love to do and why you would love to do it here.
- Your resume.
- Specific hiring requirements, such as salary.